Just Kidding is an unique theatre program designed by CCLO just for kids ages 5 – 7!
Summer Theatre Playground
for WESTERN BROADWAY!
Musicals of the Wild
(and not-so-wild) West!
Through participation in creative drama and musical theatre explorations, children will build and develop performance skills, enjoy personal and artistic growth and development and work as a
Participants will train and rehearse with professional educators and instructors in a 605-seat theatre and mirrored studio with dance floors! Environment is engaging, energetic, nurturing and fun! Daily activities include: singing/vocals (with live piano accompaniment); dance/movement; acting/character development; imaginative improvisation; set, prop and costume crafting; theatrical vocabulary; performance techniques; and theatre etiquette.
Orientation – Day one of workshop
Selecting a program of this nature is collaboration between parent, child and instructor. Therefore, we ask a family representative stay for a brief Orientation on the first day of SUMMER THEATRE PLAYGROUND. Orientation will 1) help your child transition into the program 2) provide you with an opportunity to meet our experienced staff 3) allow us to familiarize you with all aspects of our program. We look forward to meeting everyone!
The Norman J. Pattiz Concert Hall
2955 So. Robertson Blvd.
Los Angeles, CA 90034
(at Hamilton High School - corner of Cattaraugus)
Two Unique Opportunities
1. BACKSTAGE BUDDIES: Members of our Mainstage summer ensemble will have an opportunity work to with Just Kidding cast members as "Backstage Buddies!" Our Backstage Buddies program is a wonderful opportunity for mentorship and reciprocal learning.
2. Just KIDding cast members will have an opportunity to perform in the Mainstage summer production, ANNIE GET YOUR GUN! (This is optional, not a requirement to participate in Summer Theatre Playground.) Performing with the Mainstage ensemble will require an additional commitment in August as well as a $12 costume contribution. A rehearsal schedule will be distributed July 5th.
DOWNLOAD THE 2011 BROCHURE>>
For more information and/or to receive a brochure, please contact us at
CCLO@verizon.net or (310) 478-5886.
Please email CCLO@verizon.net if you would like to reserve a spot. Include your name, mailing address, telephone number, email, child(rens) name(s) and age(s). In addition, indicate if you are interested in participating in the Mainstage production! A registration packet will be mailed within the next few weeks.
JUST KIDDING Ensemble
A unique theatre program designed especially for kids ages 5 – 7.
Learning and growing through theatre can be invaluable. As Children’s Civic Light Opera began its 18th year of successful theatrical instruction and education for young people, we proudly announced the debut of Just KIDding, a one-of-a-kind theatre program designed especially for kids ages 4–7 that integrates several early education pedagogies, such as Reggio Emilia, into theatrical explorations and activities.
Through participation in music/singing, movement/dance, role-play, make-believe, brainstorming, questioning, imagining, story making, dialoguing and arts ‘n crafts, not only are children introduced to the magical and magnificent world of theatre, they unknowingly practice and apply numerous fundamental academic, personal, social and emotional skills, as well:
- Cooperation, collaboration, creating community
- Team building and investigating individuality
- Listening, seeing, hearing, feeling
- Remembering directions and problem-solving
- Creating and sharing (with each other and with audiences)
- Responsibility and respecting
- Discovering and discussing
…just to name a few.
All classes culminate with a short presentational performance that incorporates skills exercised and applied during class.
It has been said that theatre is dress rehearsal for life; begin to prepare kids now!