Where are they now?
While many of our students decide to pursue theater professionally, what we at CCLO are most proud of is the confidence and “life competence” we instill in our youth. These are the principles that remain with them no matter their pursuits.
We have been proud to see our students excel on stage and we are equally proud of those who have incorporated their theatrical training in careers such as law, science, medicine, sports, art, film, television and politics just to name a few. The empowering effects of theatre will follow them wherever their dreams may lead.
96% of our alumni attend / have graduated from four-year universities, including Harvard, Yale, MIT, Penn, UCLA, USC, Occidental, Berkeley, Northwestern, Carnegie-Melon and NYU.
90% of our students are active in the theater departments at their schools and many win leading roles at the city’s top performing arts high schools (i.e. at Hamilton High School’s Academy Of Music, Los Angeles County High School for the Arts.)
Numerous students have competed and won at regional DTASC drama festivals.
Several CCLO students are / have been actively involved with various school organizations in addition to their participation in theatre.
Several CCLO alumni have served and continue to serve on CCLO’s Staff.
Several CCLO alumni have volunteered and continue to volunteer on various backstage technical crews for our productions.
Photos: Andrew Chappelle visits CCLO and shares his audition journey and Chloe Tucker comes to visit CCLO before she leaves on her National Broadway Tour of Mamma Mia!
Some Noteworthy Alumni…
- Sophie Sheridan MAMMA MIA! Broadway National Tour
7 years with CCLO
A graduate of the Hamilton Academy School of Music in Los Angeles, she also attended The Boston Conservatory. She would like to thank Eric Woodall for giving her this opportunity, Diane Feldman and Rich Schraier for always being her guiding lights, and most importantly, her parents who never stopped believing.
- Eddie MAMMA MIA! Broadway
4 years with CCLO Broadway Debut! Regional: Annie and Cinderella (North Carolina Theatre,) A Christmas Carol (McCarter Theatre,) Daniel in Once on this Island (Cortland Repertory Theatre,) Dreamgirls and West Side Story (West Virginia Public Theatre. BFA in Musical Theatre from the Cincinnati Conservatory of Music. Thanks to DGRW, Eric Woodall, and Tara Rubin Casting. I dedicate this to my incredible Mom!
- Northwestern University graduate (BFA in Musical Theatre Performance/Communications)
- Currently Associate Director and Acting Coach with CCLO
- Received sponsorship from NASA to do graduate work at Washington University.
- Worked at the Smithsonian driving the space rovers on Mars after graduation
- Is currently on the team developing the next mission to Mars
Jamie Smith Meier
- Works for the National Weather Service and has been quoted in several southern California newspapers.
- Began career with CCLO as an actor, then became our Lighting Designer from 1997 ñ 2001.
- NYU graduate (BA in Lighting Design)
- Is a moving light specialist having programmed for many Broadway musicals including Mamma Mia and Hairspray
- Most recent success: Lighting Programmer for Madonnaís and The Spice Girls.
- Co-founded/co-owns Kinetic Lighting in Culver City, CA.
- Responsible for designing and implementing the exterior lights at Disney Hall in Downtown, Los Angeles.
- USC graduate, Double Major in Business and Music
- Worked in licensing for NBC/Universal television music department.
- Is Associate Director of CCLOís Summer Theatre Playground (for students age 5 ñ 7)
- Is currently working toward her Masters of Education degree at UCLA
- Occidental College graduate (BA in Theatre)
- Worked on Staff as an acting coach
- Worked for the Pasadena Playhouse in Development
- Currently working in Production and Development with Goldstar Ticketing
- Natalie Schachner
- Recent graduate of Loyolaís Law School
- Hired by O'Melveny and Meyers, one of the Los Angeles areaís top law firms.
- Has played leading roles such as Velma (CHICAGO), Millie (THOROUGHLY MODERN MILLIE), Annie Oakley (ANNIE GET YOUR GUN) at Hamilton High Schoolís Academy Of Music
- Attended Boston Conservatory
- Auditioning for Broadway tours
- Showcasing for various record companies in pursuit of a recording contract
- Is a Fulbright graduate of Columbia University, New York
- Speaks four languages fluently
- Is currently in Finland researching and interviewing women in power for an upcoming book.
- Kirsten Yamaguchi
- A talented artist, attending graduate school at in Savannah, GA
- Is working as an Animator for Rhythm & Hues.
- Performed in the Los Angeles revival of the Broadway musical, HAIR, produced by Michael Butler.
- His performance was mentioned in the Los Angeles Times Calendar Section (October, 2007)
- Received a scholarship to attend the American Music and Dramatic Academy in Los Angeles.
- NYU graduate (BA in Film)
- Currently working for NBC/Universal on ìThe Tonight Show.
- Was accepted in a program to train with Alvin Ailey
- Recent graduate of Carnegie-Melon University.
- Graduate of Northwestern University (BFA in Theatre/Communications)
- Currently working with the William-Morris Agency in New York, NY